Celestia 5e SRD
Andrussa are often called the descendants of Dragons, though how likely this actually is quite a heated subject even now. Whatever is the case they are mostly human in appearance, with distinct ‘lizard’ or ‘dragon’-like features. There are two subraces of Andrussa: Xaerl & Ilinanon. Xaerl have darker or sometimes considered ‘metallic’ tones to their scales and have lighter skin tones. Ilinanon have brighter scale tones and darker skin tones. Among Andrussa they are treated equal and their is no discrimination. Outsiders however sometimes have different takes on them.
Andrussa are human-like with lizard-like features including patches of scales, horns, and scaled tails. They also tend to have unique eyes where the center lacks color, but they instead have a ring of bright color around the core.
Native Environment Type:
The Andrussa prefer to live in tropical or desert regions, but can be found anywhere.
Andrussa mature quickly and age slowly with them commonly reaching 200-300 years old and a few living as long as 600 years.
Andrussan culture & history is an allusive thing on Celestia. This is due to their race most often living among others rather than establishing their own nations or cities. As such their history is the history of many nations and kingdoms.
Ability Score Increases
- +2 Str, +1 Con
- +2 Cha, +1 Con
- You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in Darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in Darkness, only Shades of Gray.
- Andrussan’s have a +1 AC bonus when wearing no or light armor due to their naturally tough and scaled bodies. Medium and Heavy armor simply cannot stack with the natural AC.
- When you take a Long Rest, you must spend at least six hours in an inactive, motionless state, rather than sleeping. In this state, you appear inert, but it doesn’t render you Unconscious, and you can see and hear as normal.
- When you take damage from a creature in range of a weapon you are wielding, you can use your Reaction to make an Attack with the weapon against that creature. Once you use this trait, you can’t do so again until you finish a short or Long Rest.
- Vengeful Assault
- You can use your understanding of creative diplomacy or Intimidation to guide a conversation in your favor. When you make a Charisma (Intimidation or Persuasion) check, you can do so with advantage. Once you use this trait, you can’t do so again until you finish a short or Long Rest.
- Forceful Presence
- Increase your Strength, Constitution, or Charisma score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- While you aren’t wearing armor, you can calculate your AC as 13 + your Dexterity modifier. You can use a Shield and still gain this benefit.
- You grow retractable claws from the tips of your fingers. The claws are natural Weapons which you can use to make unarmed strikes. If you hit with them, you deal slashing damage equal to 1d4 + your Strength modifier instead of the normal bludgeoning damage for an Unarmed Strike.
Andrussa of all alignments exist with little preference.
By region. Any native language they may once have had is lost. Many learn Draconic.