Celestia 5e SRD
Nature Path Monk
The Nature Path Monks are one of the most unique types of Monks. In part because they need to have True Spellcasting ability (the ability to sense or see magic) to take this. Without that they can’t make use of this classes abilities. Unlike all other spellcasters however, they directly effect magical energy rather than forming it into proper spells. This has lead to some heated debates with other kinds of True Spellcasters who feel these monks ‘do it wrong’.
- Level 3
- As a standard action, the Monk can unleash a blast of energy or matter at a single target up to a range of 30 feet. They must have at least one hand free to aim the blast (or one prehensile appendage, if they don’t have hands). When you take this you select the element which the attack uses, which decides it’s damage type. Nature Path Elements lists these types. Damage is 2d6 + Con Modifier. This is treated like a Cantrip in that it can be used once per round and doesn’t require any limited resource to use, however it’s instant and so treated like a normal melee or ranged attack rather than a spell.
- You gain a ability which mirrors a shield in function though is composed of the element of your choice from the Nature Blast ability. It applies +2 to your AC just like a shield and can be used as a shield for your reaction. It also provides disadvantage against ranged attacks as it is composed of a swirl of energy or force around you.
- You gain one Utility and one blast Infusion from the Nature Path Infusion List.
- Nature Blast
- Level 6
- Your Nature Blast deals 3d6+Con Modifier damage, your Natural Defense now offers a +3 AC bonus, and you gain another Utility and Blast Infusion.
- Nature Journeyman
- Level 11
- Your Nature Blast deals 4d6+Con Modifier damage, your Natural Defense now offers a +4 AC bonus, and you gain another Utility and Blast Infusion.
- Nature Adept
- Level 17
- You gain access to all elements rather than just one. You must state what element you are using if it’s not your original element.
- Your Nature Blast deals 5d6+Con Modifier damage, your Natural Defense now offers a +5 AC bonus, and you gain another Utility and Blast Infusion.